These mini almond joy cheesecakes are the perfect treat for coconut lovers. An almond and coconut crust is topped with coconut cheesecake and chocolate ganache.
The crust for my almond joy cheesecakes is made from almond flour and coconut and the cheesecake layer is blended with coconut flakes and almond slices. It's all topped off with a whole almond covered with ganache.
The result? Fantastic. You're going to love this if you like Almond Joy bars. Plus, these almond joy cheesecakes are happen to be gluten free.
How to Make Almond Joy Cheesecake
To make these mini cheesecakes you will need:
- almond flour- This makes up most of the crust.
- shredded coconut- Add this into the crust for extra flavor.
- sugar- You will need this in the crust and filling.
- butter- A little bit will hold the crust together.
- cream cheese- There's no cheesecake without cream cheese! I've used both full fat and low fat with success.
- eggs- Help give the cheesecake a rise.
- heavy cream- Adds moisture to the cheesecake. You will also need it to make the ganache topping.
- vanilla and coconut extracts- Essential for flavor.
- sliced almond- Adds a crunchy texture to the filling.
- bittersweet chocolate- You can use chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. You will need it to make the ganache topping.
First you will prepare the crust by combining the almond flour, coconut, sugar, salt, and butter. Distribute and press down the mixture into your mini cheesecake pan and bake it for about 8 minutes.
Next beat together the filling ingredient and divide it evenly into your mini cheesecake pan. Bake it for 15 minutes and let it cool and chill for 1 hour.
No need to worry about your cheesecakes cracking since you will be covering ganache.
Finally, prepare your ganache topping, unmold your cheesecakes and drizzle it over the top. Top it off with a whole almond for decoration.
Tips for dripping ganache:
- Make sure your ganache is cool but still pourable.
- Fill a pastry bag with the ganache. Cut the tip of the bag according to the size of drips you want. Start small if you're not sure. You can always cut off more.
- Slowly pipe along the top edge of the cake, squeezing more in the places you want it to drip down. Once you go around the edges, quickly fill in the top.
Not ready to make these just yet? PIN it now and SAVE it for later.
for the crust
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
for the filling
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ½ cup toasted almond slices
for the topping
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12 cup mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and mix until incorporated. Divide the mixture among the 12 cups. Press mixture down with your fingers.
- Bake the crusts for 8 minutes or until it's lightly browned and set. Let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300°F. In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated on medium speed. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix for another minute. Finally, add the coconut and almond slices and mix until incorporated. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecakes cool in the oven for another five minutes. Then open the door and let it cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the cream to just a boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Gently stir with a whisk until the ganache comes together. Unmold the cheesecakes and pour the ganache over each cake or drizzle with a piping bag.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cheesecakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information is only an approximate provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. Information comes from Nutritionix, an automated nutrition calculator.