Today is Holi, an energetic Hindu festival of colors that signifies the arrival of spring. If you've ever seen pictures or encountered it, you would see people dancing and throwing colored powder paints and water all over each other. (No really, google it.) It's quite a mess but so colorful. To celebrate, I had attempted to make a colorful dessert using natural dyes. Being my first experience with natural dyes, it did not quite work the way I planned. Guess I'll have to keep working on that one! In the mean time, to celebrate Holi and everything else going on this week, here's a colorful dessert inspiration board collected from around the web with links below. It's definitely time to say goodbye to the drab and cold of winter and hello to the warmth and color of spring.
Happy Spring! Happy Easter! Happy Passover! Happy whatever else! And Happy Holi!
1. Rose Cookie Tutorial from I am Baker
2. Rainbow Cake with Natural Dyes from Itsy Bitsy Foodies
3. Just a pretty picture, source from here
4. Fruit Pizza from Pinch of Yum
5. French Macarons with Nutella Buttercream from Worth Pinning
6. Suji Cookies from Nalini's Kitchen
7. Cake Batter Sprinkle Bark from Sweetapolita