This tofu scramble is perfect for any meal of the day. Just the right amount of spice, and so good!
They say it’s best to have a serving of protein after hitting the gym. Your muscles are primed and ready for building and repairing and therefore need the resources.
My daily post workout snack is usually a yogurt parfait or scrambled egg whites.
Every now and then the morning routine runs a little late and before I realize it, it’s lunch time! At that point, yogurt isn’t going to cut it.
This curried tofu wrap is the perfect solution for a tasty protein packed lunch or breakfast after a hard workout.
So why tofu and not eggs? Well, sometimes I just need to change things up. As a vegetarian, I always think it’s a good idea to vary your protein sources. If you’re vegan, this is also a great alternative to scrambled eggs.
I won’t pretend that it tastes anything like scrambled eggs. It just sort of looks like it once you crumble the tofu and add the turmeric to get the yellow color.
The onions, cumin, and curry powder provide enough flavor that you won’t miss the eggs. In fact, you will likely feel pretty good about replenishing your body with something so healthy and delicious.
Don’t forget the fact that turmeric isn’t just for color. It’s known for its anti-inflammatory benefits as well.
It’s also ridiculously easy to make. It’s a quick 5 minute prep with 5 minutes of cook time in one pan. Toss it into your favorite flavored wrap with whatever else you want, roll it up and enjoy.
I like to have it with spinach and tomato in these habanero flavored wraps for a little extra kick. Oh and don’t forget the cilantro chutney. You can’t go wrong pairing this condiment with this Indian flavored filling.
I first share this recipe for tofu scramble recipe on Food Fanatic. So be sure to visit there too for more recipes.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 14 ounces Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 6 Flour Tortillas, 8-inch
- 1/2 cup Tomato, diced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the jalapenos and onions. Stir and cook until the onions soften.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan and mix it well with the onions.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, and cumin. Salt to taste. Cook for another 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Fill each wrap with 8-10 spinach leaves, 1/6 of the tofu mixture, and about a tablespoon of tomatoes.
- Fold the sides in and roll up. Serve with your favorite condiment.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
This nutrition information is only an approximate provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. Information comes from Nutritionix, an automated nutrition calculator.