Cardamom chocolate truffles are inspired by flavors from traditional Indian desserts. They are the perfect aromatic chocolate indulgence.
Occasionally, I try to fuse Indian flavors into my desserts or turn my traditional Indian recipes into something not so traditional.
I’ve never truly loved traditional Indian sweets but I am learning to experiment with flavors more and more. Cardamom has become a favorite.
Gnaana is an Indian parenting resource with a great retail site as well as a blog that addresses how to incorporate traditions into our multicultural lives.
They have been having fusion food week on their blog. I’m excited to be a contributer and you can read all about my inspiration for these Cardamom Chocolate Truffles and also find the recipe there.
Links to other fusion recipes by Dessarts:
Chocolate Naan Khatai
Not ready to make cardamom chocolate truffles yet? PIN it now and SAVE it for later.
- 6 ounces of quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10-15 green cardamom pods, crushed (or 1 ½ tsp of ground cardamom)
- 1 ½ Tbs unsalted butter
- ground pistachios
- cocoa powder
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine the cardamom and heavy cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. (If you used whole pods: cover and let it steep for about 30 minutes. Strain the cream and discard the cardamom, returning the cream to the sauce pan. Reheat the cream to a boil.)
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate in a large bowl. Gently stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the butter. Allow the ganache to set at room temperature.
- Pipe or spoon the ganache into spherical rounds onto parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Dust your hands with cocoa powder and roll the chilled ganache into spheres. You can then coat it with either cocoa powder, pistachios or coconut by rolling the balls in the coating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 truffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is only an approximate provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. Information comes from Nutritionix, an automated nutrition calculator.