Add this Instant Pot Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake to your to-do list. It’s the perfect adult dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or any celebration! This six inch cake is part of my collection of small cake recipes.
What could be better than a cheesecake infused with Baileys Irish Cream? A Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake made in an Instant Pot! I just love Instant Pot Cheesecakes. It’s the only way I make a cheesecake now.
I’ve made Oreo cheesecake, salted caramel cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake and now this decadent, boozy Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake! And I loved them all!
After making these Irish cream cheesecake brownies, I decided I absolutely had to create some more dessert recipes with Baileys Irish Cream.
While Baileys cheesecake is not something new, I was dying to make another cheesecake in my Instant Pot because I love the way it turns out and I don’t have to worry about cheesecake cracking as much.
This cheesecake has an Oreo cookie crust, Baileys cheesecake batter and a Baileys ganache topping. Who can say no to that?
How to Prepare the Cheesecake Pan for the Instant Pot
Use a 6-7 inch spring form pan. Make sure it fits in your Instant Pot. I use a six inch springform pan and place it on top of the trivet that came with the pot.
Grease the pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. You can also wrap the bottom with aluminum foil instead.
How to Make the Cheesecake Crust
I used Oreo cookies to make a chocolate crust for this cheesecake. You can use any kind of cookie crumbs that you like. There’s no need to prebake the crust. Press the cookie-buttter mixture into the bottom of the pan and let it chill in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
How to Make Baileys Cheesecake
Start with room temperature cream cheese and eggs. Ideally eggs take 30 minutes and cream cheese takes 60 minutes to come to room temperature. If you need to warm up cream cheese quickly, cut it up into small cubes and let it sit on a plate while you prepare your pan and other ingredients.
Beat your cream cheese with the sugar in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment until the mixture is smooth and lump free. Scrape it down and add your eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the Baileys and remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter over the crust.
Lay a paper towel over a sheet of aluminum foil the same size and place your cheesecake pan on top of the foil. Tightly wrap the foil around the pan. Cover the top with another piece of foil. This preparation will protect your cheesecake from moisture.
Prepare the Instant Pot by adding 1 ½ cups water and the trivet to the inside. Place your cheesecake inside the pot and bake away!
Once the cheesecake is finished, cooled and chilled, you can add the Baileys ganache layer to the top. Decorate the cheesecake with sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate shavings or anything else!
For tips on making cheesecakes in the Instant Pot, see my post on Instant Pot Cheesecakes.
If your cheesecake did crack for some reason, read my post, Help, My Cheesecake Cracked! for tips on fixing it.
For the Cheesecake
- ¾ cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the ganache topping
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish cream
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Prepare a 6 or 7 inch spring form pan by greasing it and covering the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan and slightly up the sides. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together the cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time to the mixture and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the ¼ cup of Irish cream, vanilla, and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot and place the trivet that came with the pot inside. Place a paper towel over a sheet of foil cut to the same size as the paper towel. Place the pan on top of the paper towel and wrap the sides of the pan with the paper towel and foil. Cover the pan with a foil and lower it into your instant pot.
- Close the lid with the pressure valve set on seal. Set it to manual 40 minutes. When its done, turn the pressure cooker off by hitting the cancel button. Allow it to naturally release for 15 minutes before doing a quick release and opening.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely and then transfer it to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Release the cheesecake from the spring form pan and transfer it to a plate.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream on the stovetop until just boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and add the Baileys. Stir the mixture until it comes thicker and even in color.
- Spread the ganache over the top of the cheesecake using an offset spatula.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information is only an approximate provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. Information comes from Nutritionix, an automated nutrition calculator.