Mini Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecakes

by Urvashee on November 22, 2010 · 29 comments

Post image for Mini Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecakes

What do you do when you have half a can of leftover pumpkin purée? I decided to make these mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I like plain cheesecake and I like pumpkin pie, but I would not say either one is something that I love. This pumpkin flavored cheesecake however is a recipe that I will make again and again. It has the creaminess of a cheesecake with all that great pumpkin spice flavor plus the added subtle tastes of Bourbon and pecans.

So, in case you are still searching for a Thanksgiving dessert, these mini cheesecakes are an elegant option that can be made ahead of time. Just garnish with whip cream and ground pecans before serving. Enjoy and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Recipe (adapted from Cooking Light) (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)

For the crust
1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbs finely ground pecans
2 Tbs sugar
pinch of salt
2 Tbs melted butter

Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the cheesecake pan by coating with a nonstick cooking spray.  Mix together the first four ingredients. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until evenly moist. Press about two tablespoons of the mixture into the bottoms of a mini cheesecake pan. Bake for about 5-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Allow to cool completely.

For the filling
8 oz cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
7 oz pumpkin
2 eggs
2 Tbs Bourbon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice

Using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar and mix until completely combined. Add the pumpkin and eggs one at a time until combined. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour the batter into the cups evenly and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. Allow them to cool and then carefully remove each cake from the pan.

For the finish

1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbs confectioners sugar
1-2 Tbs ground pecans

Whip the cream and sugar to stiff peaks and use a large star tip to pipe the cream onto each cheesecake. Sprinkle some ground pecans over each cheesecake for garnish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Sheetal Ghelani November 22, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I can’t wait to make these! I love pumpkin cheesecake–one of my all time favorite desserts. Question–where do you get mini-cheesecake pans? Are they tiny springform pans?

Suzanne Dossous November 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm

WOW!

Paula November 22, 2010 at 1:18 pm

So pretty! The swirl of whipped cream and ground pecans finish them off beautifully.

Sonia{7spice} November 22, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I want this now! I’ve been thinking to have my mini-cheesecake pan since long time. This is another recipe to try for sure. They are so cute and lovely. Pics are so clear and nice! :)

Susan November 24, 2010 at 4:12 am

They’re so cute. Like little bites of Thanksgiving. I am very tempted to make these.

naomi December 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm

YUM! and even better they are mini! These look and sound fantastic!

Prerna@IndianSimmer December 4, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Oh my gosh, This looks HEAVENLY!! Anything with bourbon.. Count me in :-)
Great recipe Urvashee!

Mandy October 6, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I have the same question as Sheetal… What is a mini-cheesecake pan??? Or are you just using a mini muffin pan? Thanks :)

Mandy October 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Oh wait… Never mind… I found out what a mini cheesecake pan is!

Dusti October 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

These look beautiful! Have you tried making them without the bourbon? Wondering if that would work…

Dessarts November 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Dusti- I have not tried it but it should not change it much if you want to eliminate it.

Amarie November 10, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for posting this recipe. I made them for a recent party and they were a hit! Can’t wait to make them for Thanksgiving. Dusti, I made them without the bourbon (I put in an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract instead) and they tasted great.

Murphy July 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Are you able to make this two days ahead? Also, it is for a large group, do you know if it’s alright if I double the recipe? Anyways, looks great, I look forward to making this!

Dessarts August 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

Murphy,
Thanks! I think making it 2 days ahead should not be a problem as long as they are wrapped and stored in the refrigerator. However, I would wait until you serve it to add the whip cream topping. I have not doubled the recipe but I do not see why it should not work.

Murphy August 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thank you dessarts, you were right, it worked great, and more importantly, was delicious!

Laurie November 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm

My niece made these for our Canadian Thanksgiving and I had 4 of them! I could not help myself, they are THAT delicious! I have never had anything so very delicious in my entire life of 55 years and I have had a whole lot of desserts!

Make them and you will be astounded at the compliments. The ones my niece made were without the alcohol but either way I am sure they would be just as good.

I had her send me the recipie and I plan to make some of these myself. I just hope I can share them before eating them all. I hope they freeze well.

:) Laurie

Andria April 10, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Thank you for posting this recipe! I made these for a Halloween party and Thanksgiving and they were consistently a hit! I also made them by substituting applesauce in place of the pumpkin for an apple spice taste and those came out delicious as well:-)

Dessarts April 12, 2013 at 9:05 pm

It’s my pleasure Andria. I’m glad it work for you and thanks for leaving the feedback about applesauce. It sounds delicious. I’ll have to remember to try that out at some point.

Rachel August 6, 2014 at 2:58 pm

If I want to make it a regular size cheesecake, are the ingredients and cook time the same?

Felicia Winnett November 15, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I just wanted you to be aware that a Facebook page called Southern Eats & Sweets is using your single mini image as their own on their page. It was posted Dec. 15, 2013. Just a heads up.

Urvashee November 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Felicia, Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately, these things happen. :( I could not find it so they hopefully they took it down.

April November 15, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Do I have to make these in a mini cheesecake pan or could I do it in a cupcake pan with cupcake liners? Would it effect the taste, texture or bake time?

Urvashee November 17, 2014 at 10:35 am

Hi April. I don’t think it would affect taste or texture. The outside won’t have as smooth of an appearance and I’m not sure if it will lose shape as you tear away the liners. You can try it and if its a problem then try to smooth it out with the backside of an offset spatula. The bake time should not vary by much- just keep an eye on it. Hope this helps.

Amy November 25, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Thank you for this recipe. I love this. Making this for the second time tonight. I didn’t have a mini cheesecake pan so I used cupcake liners and a muffin pan. I also doubled the recipe. I check it at 15 minutes to see if it sets because the cupcake size somewhat cooks faster. They are perfect and keep there shape just fine. Got requested to make them for our huge thanksgiving get together. Tip: Anytime I make any kind of cheesecake I put a pan of water in the bottom rack of the oven. Makes the cheesecake keep its moisture and prevents cracks.

Urvashee December 4, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Thanks Amy, I’m glad the cupcake liners worked out for you. Thanks for tip!