Mini pumpkin cheesecakes are an irresistible treat for any holiday gathering. This is also the perfect recipe for your leftover pumpkin puree.
What do you do when you have half a can of leftover pumpkin purée? Make these mini pumpkin cheesecakes of course!
I like plain cheesecake and I like pumpkin pie, but I would not say either one is something that I love. These bourbon pumpkin cheesecakes however I will probably make again and again.
They have the creaminess of a cheesecake with all that great pumpkin spice flavor plus the added subtle tastes of Bourbon and pecans.
So, in case you are still searching for a Thanksgiving dessert, these mini bourbon pumpkin cheesecakes are an elegant option that can be made ahead of time. Just garnish with whip cream and ground pecans before serving. You can also drizzle the mini pumpkin cheesecakes with salted caramel sauce.
The crust is made with graham cracker crumbs mixed with pecans but you can also use gingersnap cookies.
For the filling, be sure your ingredients are at room temperature. They will mix more easily and this is especially important in cheesecakes so that you get a smooth finish. Also, do not confuse pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie filling which has added ingredients. Make sure that you are using pure pumpkin puree.
Where Do You Get a Mini Cheesecake Pan?
A mini cheesecake pan is similar to a muffin pan except the bottoms are removable so you can easily remove the cheesecakes. I picked up one similar to this mini cheesecake pan from Amazon.
If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan, you can also use a mini muffin pan but be sure to use liners as the cheesecake will be difficult to remove. Chill the cheesecakes for at least 1 hour before trying to remove the liners.
Can I Make Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes Without the Bourbon?
Absolutely! The addition of bourbon is only there for the taste. You can add an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract in its place. Bourbon does not affect how the cheesecake bakes.
Can I Make this Recipe Nut-free?
Sure! Just skip the pecans in the crust. It won’t affect the bake of the crust. Of course, you can leave it off as a garnish as well.
How Far in Advance Can I Make Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes?
If you will be storing them in the refrigerator, you can make them up to 2 days in advance. Leave the whip cream and other garnishes off until you are ready to serve. Chill the cheesecakes for an hour and then wrap them with saran wrap and return them to the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for up to two weeks but be sure they are well wrapped to avoid any freezer burn.
My Cheesecakes Cracked, What Can I Do?
It’s unlikely that mini cheesecakes will crack because of their small size. If they do, you have two options. First you can just cover it up with whipped cream or a toasted pecan. Or, if you are leaving them plain you can use my method for fixing cracked cheesecakes.
You may also enjoy these other pumpkin dessert recipes:
For the crust
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbs finely ground pecans
- 2 Tbs sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs melted butter
For the filling
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, ⅓ less fat
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 7 oz pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs Bourbon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
For the finish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs confectioners sugar
- 1-2 Tbs ground pecans
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the cheesecake pan by coating with a nonstick cooking spray. Mix together the first four ingredients. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until evenly moist. Press about two tablespoons of the mixture into the bottoms of a mini cheesecake pan. Bake for about 5-8 minutes or until slightly browned. Allow to cool completely
For the filling
- Using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar and mix until completely combined. Add the pumpkin and eggs one at a time until combined. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour the batter into the cups evenly and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. Allow them to cool. If possible, let the entire pan chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before carefully removing each cake from the pan.
For the finish
- Whip the cream and sugar to stiff peaks and use a large star tip to pipe the cream onto each cheesecake. Sprinkle some ground pecans over each cheesecake for garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is only an approximate provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. Information comes from Nutritionix, an automated nutrition calculator.